Sunday, September 18, 2011

Broken But Not Forgotten

Isaiah 41:10
"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand
."

Dear friend, I know your heart is hurting in a way you have never experienced before. While you are suffering (distressed with great pain and anguish), you think you have made mistakes which are beyond repair. You think you could never be forgiven. You feel you have gone beyond the point of no return and assume your life is now over. Please hear me when I tell you . . . Feeling are not facts, and YOUR LIFE IS NOT OVER! I know right now it is difficult to look beyond the pain you are feeling today. I know it is hard to see any potential of a good life for yourself . . . BUT THERE IS!

I know this is hard to believe, but the creator of the universe has you on HIS mind right now. HE is GOD, our FATHER, and HE loves you! Yes, perhaps you have made some terrible mistakes. The truth is that we all have made terrible mistakes. My mistakes may not be the same as your mistakes, but they are mistakes all the same. As humans we look at each other and judge as if to say, "yes what I did was bad, but what you did was horrible." Here is what GOD says . . .

Romans 3:23
"for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."

This means in GOD's view, all of us have failed to live up to HIS high standard. Not one person walking this earth today is considered by GOD to be "perfect". The only person who met that standard was JESUS. So do not let people condemn you. Do not let others intimidate or belittle you because the know more Bible verses than you. Do not allow yourself to become stressed by the views and opinions of others. Your salvation is a matter between you and GOD (not you and other people). Therefore go to GOD and ask HIM to forgive you, to have mercy on you, to restore you, and to be gracious unto you. All you have to do is ask and it is done at that very moment. When you ask GOD for forgiveness, GOD's says, "I forgive you".

1 John 1:9
"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness."

Hebrews 8:12
"For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more."

You may be broken, but you are not forgotten. GOD loves you and HE can use you (even in your broken condition) to be a blessing to others who are hurting. You cannot see this now, but the LORD has a good plan for your life.

Jeremiah 29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

GOD has blessed us because HE loves us. There is nothing that you, or I, or anyone else could ever do to be worthy or deserving of HIS kindness. HE restores us out of love. HE sent JESUS to reconcile our broken relationship with HIM, Our FATHER. Through JESUS CHRIST you were given a new opportunity to live an abundant life. Yes, my friend, JESUS came all those many years ago to restore you right now in this moment.

John 3:16
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

Recently the world remembered the terrible tragedies of September 11, 2011. Many people around the world took time to reflect and pray. We thought about those who lost their lives. We thought about their families and friends who may still be mourning their loss. We thought about how the events of that day personally touched our lives. Now many of us have great appreciation for our family, friends, neighbors and co-workers. Many of the things we took for granted we now have great respect for. In the hours, days, and weeks after the attacks occurred, we reached out with compassion to help strangers. We showed love toward each other more openly & freely. Even our political leaders put aside their differences and came together in unity. If we can come together in the face of tragedy and show love towards each other, how much more will GOD show HIS love towards you in your situation? HIS love goes beyond our human comprehension.

John 14:27
"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."

GOD has not forgotten you. GOD did not leave you. HE is here with you right now. HE knows you are hurting terribly. HE will comfort and strengthen you. My friend, all is not lost. There is hope for you for the future. GOD can turn your life around for the better. HE will restore you and bring you out of this dark place you are in. You don't have to be formal with GOD, nor do you have to know Hebrew or Greek for HIM to hear you. Just be yourself and reach out to HIM as you are. HE will answer you!

Stop trying to figure out and navigate through life by yourself. Humble yourself and turn your life over to HIM. Put your life in GOD's hands, and HE will lead you. Ask JESUS to come into your heart and change your life for the good. HE will save you and put you on a good path that will change your life forever.

Romans 10:9
"If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."

2 Corinthians 5:17
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!"

Ephesians 2:4-5
"But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved."

I pray these words have been a blessing for you as they are for me (bringing us in closer relationship with our FATHER). Please feel welcome to reply and share your thoughts by posting them here or privately at tpbiblestudy@comcast.net. If this message has touched your heart and you do not know JESUS CHRIST as your Lord & Savior but want HIM in your life you can accept HIM right now wherever you are. Pray this prayer out loud, "Dear GOD, I ask forgiveness for all of my sins. I believe that JESUS CHRIST is your son. I believe that JESUS suffered and died on the cross, was buried, and was resurrected for me. I accept JESUS as my Lord & Savior. Come now and live in my heart. I accept you as head of my life. In the name of JESUS I thank you, Amen."

If you have just prayed this prayer I say to you "GOD bless you and Congratulations"! If you do not have a church home, pray and ask GOD to lead you to a local (Bible believing) church in your area where you can be baptized in the name of JESUS, fed the Word of GOD, and fellowship with other Christians.

If you have any questions please send an email to: tpbiblestudy@comcast.net

GOD bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment