Thursday, September 1, 2011

GOD Is Our Hero!

One year ago, the world watched as 33 Chilean miners were rescued from being trapped for 70 days at more than 2000 feet deep beneath the surface. I remember watching the rescue unfold on live television. As each man was brought up from below I kept thinking of Psalm 40:1-4


Psalm 40:1-4
I waited patiently for the LORD;
he turned to me and heard my cry.
He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand.

He put a new song in my mouth,
a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear
and put their trust in the LORD.

Blessed is the man
who makes the LORD his trust,
who does not look to the proud,
to those who turn aside to false gods
.


One of the miners is a man named Mario Sepulveda. In an interview shortly after his rescue he said, "I was with GOD and I was with the Devil, but GOD won. I held onto GOD's hand; the best hand. At no point in time did I doubt that GOD would get me out of there."


1 Peter 1:6-9
In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed. Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls.


It does not seem right that we must suffer. But in our suffering our faith increases in strength. When we see GOD move in a heroic act to save others it makes an undeniably powerful statement of how great HE truly is! When GOD rescues us, we then become a living example so that others can increase their faith in GOD also. If you are in a situation today that is so deep you cannot see your way out, think about how GOD delivered the Chilean miners. Let their story be a source of inspiration for you today! Initially people thought they were dead, but GOD kept them alive and rescued them. GOD delivered them, and HE can deliver you also! Think about Psalm 40:1-4, be encouraged, and make a decision to completely rely on GOD. Stay positive as you move forward believing that GOD will bring you through! Problems do not come to stay; they came to pass! Trust and believe in the LORD. Let GOD be your hero too!

I pray these words have been a blessing for you as they are for me (bringing us in closer relationship with our FATHER). Please feel welcome to reply and share your thoughts by posting them here or privately at tpbiblestudy@comcast.net. If this message has touched your heart and you do not know JESUS CHRIST as your Lord & Savior but want HIM in your life you can accept HIM right now wherever you are. Pray this prayer out loud, "Dear GOD, I ask forgiveness for all of my sins. I believe that JESUS CHRIST is your son. I believe that JESUS suffered and died on the cross, was buried, and was resurrected for me. I accept JESUS as my Lord & Savior. Come now and live in my heart. I accept you as head of my life. In the name of JESUS I thank you, Amen."

If you have just prayed this prayer I say to you "GOD bless you and Congratulations"! If you do not have a church home, pray and ask GOD to lead you to a local (Bible believing) church in your area where you can be baptized in JESUS' name, fed the Word of GOD, and fellowship with other Christians.

If you have any questions please send an email to: tpbiblestudy@comcast.net

GOD bless you!






No comments:

Post a Comment