Sunday, March 18, 2012

Does GOD Care About My Love Life (Dating)?

Does GOD care about your love life (dating/relationships)? The answer to
this question is YES! GOD absolutely cares about your love life. Connecting with
the right person through falling in love can mean the difference in moving
forward in the good plan GOD has for our lives verses going down the wrong road
which takes us further away from GOD.

So then how do we find our soul mate? How do we know if the person we have
deep feelings for is "the one"? The only way to know for sure is to talk to GOD
about it and then trust HIM. I specifically used the word "talk" rather than
pray on purpose. Actually praying is "talking" to GOD, but some people think we
should only go to GOD with more serious issues such as healing the sick. While
it is true that we should bring such issues before GOD, we can also talk to HIM
about the hard classroom exam coming up, or making a good purchase when going to
the store. In other words, GOD is our FATHER and HE cares for us in this way. We
can go to HIM and talk about anything that is important to us in our daily
lives.

Philippians 4:6-7 (NIV)
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer
and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of
God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds
in Christ Jesus
."

Hebrews 4:16 (NIV)
"Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we
may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need
."

For example in praying (talking) to GOD about my love life I could say,
"FATHER, as you already know, I met a very beautiful woman recently. We have
been out on a few dates and we seem to have a connection. I like her a lot and I
believe she likes me too. As you also know, I have been terribly hurt in the
past. I don't want to rush into anything and make a mistake, but yet I don't
want to move to slow (or not at all) and miss out on having a wonderful loving
relationship. So what do I do FATHER? I need your help on this. Please guide
me because I want you to be in the lead in this. Is this the woman YOU have
prepared for me? I am trusting you to show me the way."

Proverbs 3:5-6 (NIV)
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own
understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths
straight (will direct your paths)
."

Now once you have talked to GOD about this, the hard part is trusting
HIM. It's hard because our emotions are usually in high gear when engaging a new
romantic love. Not saying you should not pursue the relationship. However just
be sensitive to GOD's voice, and the "signs" he gives to lead you as you have
asked.

The best place to start is in the Bible. Anything GOD will say or show
you for your best interest will always match GOD's word. HE will NEVER
contradict HIMSELF. Here are some scriptures which talk specifically about
love.

1 John 4:7-8 (NIV)
"Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God.
Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love
does not know God, because God is love
."

1 Corinthians 13:4-7 (NIV)
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it
is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not
easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but
rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always
perseveres
."

Use these scriptures as a guide for you own behavior and see how the other
person responds in the relationship. GOD will show you things along the way as
you interact with your love interest. As HE does, talk to HIM and ask for
direction and confirmation.

GOD absolutely cares about who you date. It is what ultimately leads to
marriage which is the first thing he ordained. Some people do not have a desire
to be married and that is ok. The Apostle Paul was not married and spoke of this
in his writings. However if you desire to be married, talk to GOD and trust HIM
to bring the right person in your life. When that person comes along, GOD will
let you know. The truth of GOD will shine in your heart as bright as the noon
day sun!

Romans 15:13 (NIV)
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in
him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy
Spirit
."

I pray these words have been a blessing for you as they are for me
(bringing us in closer relationship with our FATHER). Please feel welcome to
reply and share your thoughts by posting them here or privately at tpbiblestudy@comcast.net.

If this message has touched your heart and you do not know JESUS CHRIST as your
Lord & Savior but want HIM in your life you can accept HIM right now
wherever you are. Pray this prayer out loud, "Dear GOD, I ask forgiveness
for all of my sins. I believe that JESUS CHRIST is your son. I believe that
JESUS suffered and died on the cross, was buried, and was resurrected for me. I
accept JESUS as my Lord & Savior. Come now and live in my heart. I accept
you as head of my life. In the name of JESUS I thank you, Amen."

If you have just prayed this prayer I say to you "GOD bless you and
Congratulations"! If you do not have a church home, pray and ask GOD to lead you
to a local (Bible believing) church in your area where you can be baptized in
the name of JESUS, fed the Word of GOD, and fellowship with other
Christians.

If you have any questions please send an email to: tpbiblestudy@comcast.net

4 comments: