Wednesday, July 4, 2012

GOD Will Speak To You!


Have you ever had someone come to you saying, "I have a word from the LORD for you" or "The LORD told me to tell you . . ." ??? Far too often we (all of us) rely on other people to tell us what GOD is saying to us. While it is true that GOD will speak to you through other people, rest assured that GOD will speak directly to you (to your heart; your spirit). Often times after GOD speaks to you, HE will then use other people to confirm what HE has already said to you directly. Ultimately you have to know GOD's voice and follow what HE says above the opinions of others.


John 10:27

"My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me."


Perhaps you are asking, "How will I know when GOD is speaking to me?" Well GOD has many ways of speaking to us. For instance, have you ever had an occasion where you've said, "Something told me not to do that" or "Something told me I should go right instead of left" ??? It wasn't just "something" that told you, but rather "someone". It was GOD speaking to you. GOD will often put (speak) something in your heart in a small quiet (gentle) thought. Although it came to you in a gentle way, you heard it loud & clear and it resonates passionately within. That is the voice of GOD speaking to you.


Is this the ONLY way GOD speaks to us? Absolutely not! GOD speaks to us in countless ways. HE may speak to us through a song we hear on the radio, or through reading a book, or even a message on a billboard. GOD may also speak to us in ways we would never consider, such as through the chatter of a homeless person on the street, or in simply watching the sun rise. Sometimes GOD speaks to us in a quiet moment. This is why when we really want to hear from GOD we should turn off everything (mobile phone, tv, ipod, lab top, etc), get somewhere quite and be still. It is good that we pray to GOD, however we sometimes forget to be still, and listen (wait) on HIS response.


Back in 2007 I was facing one of the most difficult situations of my life. I knew I had to make a decision that would deeply effect my family as well as myself. I didn't know what to do so I prayed asking GOD for guidance. Days went by! Weeks went by! I got nothing (NO RESPONSE from GOD)! There were plenty of people around me who seemed sure about what I should do and were quick to voice their opinion. Although I felt they were making their opinions known to me from a place of love, their suggestions did not feel right in my heart. One day I spoke to my dad about the matter. He was the only one who said, "I don't have a clue as to what you should do in this situation." I felt this was the most honest answer I had received thus far. My dad then went on to say, "However one thing I do know, GOD may not always answer you directly. Sometimes HE will leave it up for you to decide. But after you've made your decision, GOD will always give you little signs along the way to let you know if you are moving in the right direction." Shortly after that conversation I realized I had to make a decision of which I could look myself in the mirror and be at peace with (regardless of the outcome). After I made my decision, an immediate peace came over me and I knew that was GOD.


So what happened you asked? Well I was faced with staying in Las Vegas where GOD had opened amazing doors for me, or return to Detroit in an effort to save my marriage. I decided to return to Detroit in an effort to keep my family together. Unfortunately the marriage ended in divorce a few years later. There are those who would say I made the wrong decision because (in their opinion) the marriage was doomed to fail anyway and therefore I should have stayed in Las Vegas. Today I can honestly say I have no regrets. I know I made the right decision because I can look myself in the mirror and say, "Terrence you gave it your best effort!" If I had stayed in Las Vegas and my marriage failed, then I would always be left with the question, "I wonder what would have happened if I had returned to Detroit???"


Once I had made my decision to return to Detroit, GOD gave me little signs along the way to show me I was moving in the right direction (just as my father told me the LORD would do). Although GOD did not give me a specific answer to my question, HE still answered by giving me HIS peace once I had made my decision.


So rest assured that GOD will speak to you! HE sacrificed HIS son JESUS just to reconcile our relationship with HIM that we lost in the Garden of Eden with Adam. Would you as a parent make a sacrifice to restore your relationship with your children, and then afterwards not talk to them or communicate with them in any way? By the same reasoning, GOD (our FATHER) would not have allowed JESUS to suffer as HE did in order to restore our relationship with HIM (GOD our FATHER) and then not speak to us. GOD is our FATHER and HE loves us! HE may not always answer us when we want. HE may not always give us the answer we want. We may not always understand HIS answer . . . Yet HE always answers us. Sometimes we will understand and there will be things we will never understand. However GOD gave us a clue in HIS word to help us along the way . . .


Proverbs 3:5-6

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not to your own understanding. In all of your ways acknowledge HIM and HE will direct your path."


I pray these words have been a blessing for you as they are for me (bringing us in closer relationship with our FATHER). Please feel welcome to reply and share your thoughts by posting them here or privately at tpbiblestudy@comcast.net.

If this message has touched your heart and you do not know JESUS CHRIST as your Lord & Savior but want HIM in your life you can accept HIM right now wherever you are. Pray this prayer out loud, "Dear GOD, I ask forgiveness for all of my sins. I believe that JESUS CHRIST is your son. I believe that JESUS suffered and died on the cross, was buried, and was resurrected for me. I accept JESUS as my Lord & Savior. Come now and live in my heart. I accept you as head of my life. In the name of JESUS I thank you, Amen."

If you have just prayed this prayer I say to you "GOD bless you and Congratulations"! If you do not have a church home, pray and ask GOD to lead you to a local (Bible believing) church in your area where you can be baptized in the name of JESUS, fed the Word of GOD, and fellowship with other Christians.

If you have any questions please send an email to: tpbiblestudy@comcast.net

1 comment:

  1. My experience with Baptist/evangelical theology can best be described as a wild Roller Coaster ride: a lot of great psychological, emotional, and spiritual highs and a lot of deep psychological, emotional, and spiritual lows. Why?

    In Baptist theology, your Justification and your Sanctification---your essence as a follower of Christ...if you boil it all down...is really dependent on you and your feelings.

    Do I feel saved? Do I feel I really repented in my born again experience? Do I feel that I truly had faith when I made a decision for Christ; when I prayed a version of the Sinner's Prayer? If I am really saved, why do I feel at times that my faith is so weak? Maybe I need to do the born again experience again; maybe I need to pray the Sinner's Prayer again, just to be 100% sure that I am saved. I want to know without any doubt that I am saved, and if I do not feel saved, I begin to doubt my salvation.

    Baptist/evangelical theology tells me that I will always feel Christ's presence and strength inside me, if I am a true believer. But what if I don't feel him there sometimes? If it is true that I should always be able to hear God speak to me, in an inner voice or feel his inner presence move me/lead me to do his will, what is going on when I don't hear anything or feel anything? Have I committed some unknown sin and he is refusing to hear me? Or is the reason that I don't hear or feel him present within me... is because I'm not really saved!

    I was so incredibly happy to find orthodox (confessional) Lutheranism and find out that my feelings have nothing to do with my Justification, my salvation, nor with my Sanctification, my walk with my Savior and Lord! My salvation was accomplished 100% by God.

    http://www.lutherwasnotbornagain.com/2013/09/tired-of-baptistevangelical-roller.html

    ReplyDelete